Every ten episodes we're talking about ten different things and we've got quite a lineup for you in our 50th podcast!
We devote most of this episode to Andrea's 5 tools for shopping and cooking at home, lessons she's learned over the past few years that can help you eat healthier and save you money when you shop. She's passionate about this and you're sure to learn something from our lively discussion.
You'll also hear what's new in local dining, updates on past guests of the show, how local USDA regulations are affecting small farms, ideas and resources for gardening in our community, plus feedback and ideas from our listeners. It's an episode packed with goodness!
If you are a fan of what we're doing here and would like to help us continue covering the Ithaca dining scene and bringing you conversations with people in our regional food community, please consider making a donation by clicking on the DONATE button on our main page. And any time you want to get in touch or be part of a future episode, you may leave a comment on the blog, call our voicemail line anytime at 607-216-8624, or send an email to: feedback at eatingithaca dot com. Remember you can follow us on Twitter and on Facebook for continuing updates throughout the week!
Click Play to Listen to Episode 50
Stuff we talked about in this episode:
- Waffle Frolic
- Edible Finger Lakes magazine
- Everyday Food: Great Food Fast cookbook
- Really Simple Homemade Pizza at SmittenKitchen.com
- Jim Lahey's No-knead Pizza Dough
- NY Times discussion of local food crisis
- Marlo of Garden Gate Delivery explains USDA effect on NY farms
- Ithaca College's organic community garden
- Annual Spring Garden Fair & Plant Sale
Saturday, May 15th at Stewart Park
- American Craft Beer Week at Bandwagon Brew Pub
May 17 - 23, 2010
- Ithaca Taste of the Nation
Tues. June 15, 2010
- Ithaca Farmers Market
- May Events calendar at Ithaca's Food Web