The Ithaca Brew Fest is right around the corner, so it's a perfect time to be talking to the man behind the brew at Ithaca Beer, Jeff "Chief" O'Neil. He's an enthusiastic beer maker and "Hop Head" and has been creating award-winning ales for Ithaca's oldest full-time brewery since 2002. In fact he was such an enthusiastic guest, we got more interview from him than we could fit into the podcast. Instead, we've created a separate uncut version of the interview featuring an extra 15 minutes of our conversation that you can download:
Click here to listen to (or right click to download) the full, uncut version of our chat with Ithaca Beer's Executive Brewer Jeff O'Neil (53 minutes).
Our restaurant review for this week takes us at last to the super sandwich kingdom of Ithaca Bakery and its many splendors. Plus we have lots of news on upcoming events, some new websites you should be checking out, and listener feedback!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter for continuing updates throughout the week, and stay in touch: you can write a comment on the blog, leave a message on our voicemail line 607-215-4392, or send an email with your thoughts to: feedback [at] eatingithaca [dot] com.
Click Play to Listen to Episode 41
Stuff we talked about in this episode:
- Ithaca Beer Company official website
- Ithaca Beer Co. on Twitter
- Ithaca Brew Fest 2009
- The State of New York Brewing [Edible Finger Lakes Magazine]
- Upstate New York Homebrewers Association
- Wegmans: Craft Beer 101
- Wegmans: Guide to Beer & Food Pairing
- Ithaca Bakery
- Zingerman's Delicatessen (Ann Arbor, MI)
- NY State Fair
- Tompkins County Farm City Day
Saturday, September 12, 2009
- Healthy Food For All 2009 Harvest Dinners
- 27th Annual Downtown Ithaca Apple Harvest Festival
September 25 - 27, 2009
- Ithaca's Food Web blog
- Cheese and Burger Society