When it was announced earlier this year that the ABC Cafe would be closing its doors on June 21st, a many Ithacans began making plans to make the most of its final days. We sit down with this beloved restaurant's owner, Ken Hallett, to hear more about why he's decided it's time to move on.
But ABC Cafe isn't the only prominent dining option we're losing this month, and we'll talk about the closing of Willow in Fall Creek, and the Queen of Tarts on East Hill.
We also are checking out what's new at the Ithaca Farmers' Market, and we've got dining reviews for the Green Cafe in Collegetown and The Corners Deli in Cayuga Heights.
We've been getting lots of great feedback lately, and we'd love to hear more! Leave a comment on the blog, leave a message on our voicemail line 607-215-4392, or send an email to: feedback at eatingithaca dot com. And you can follow us on Twitter for continuing updates throughout the week!
Click Play to Listen to Episode 36
Stuff we talked about in this episode:
- ABC Cafe
- Ken Hallett interview in Ithaca Times
- Willow Restaurant
- Queen of Tarts
- @Ithaca Farmers Market: West Haven Farm
- @Ithaca Farmers Market: Cherry Knoll Farm
- @Ithaca Farmers Market: Sabol's Farm
- Green Cafe
- The Corners Deli
- Wiemer Vineyards 30th Anniversary Vineyard Picnic
- Dave Yantorno Q&A in the Ithaca Journal
- Not From Wisconsin official website