Thanksgiving is time for sharing the bounty of the season, something our guest Sara Pines has been doing year round for 20 years with her Friendship Donations Network. Listen to our conversation to find out why this community food resource is in jeopardy of closing and what you can do to help.
We're also talking about Thanksgiving ideas and resources for making your feast more local. Plus we visit the Fine Line Bistro in our ongoing series of reviews of every restaurant in Ithaca from A-Z.
If you want to get in touch or be part of a future episode, you may leave a comment on the blog, call our voicemail line anytime at 607-215-4392, or send an email to: feedback [at] eatingithaca [dot] com. Remember to check out our Flickr page for photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/eatingithaca), and follow us on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/EatingIthaca) for continuing updates throughout the week. If you like what we're doing, be sure to share the love and tell a friend about us!
Listen to Episode 22
Stuff we talked about in this episode:
- Friendship Donations Network
- Fine Line Bistro
- Wegmans Honey-Brined Split Turkey Breast
- Dave's Thanksgiving Cranberry Muffins
- Moosewood Restaurant recipes
- Sweet Potato Soup with Buttered Pecans
- Ithaca Farmer's Market
- Garden Gate Delivery Thanksgiving products
- The Piggery
- Bellwether Hard Cider
- Eve's Cidery
- Ithaca Beer Company
- Pizza Hut
- Cayuga Wine Trail holiday shopping event
- Triphammer Wines & Spirits “Evening to Remember” Holiday Gala
- Enter the Eating Ithaca Giveaway Contest!
(listen to Episode 20 for details)