This is our third "Ten Things" episode and it's stuffed with all kinds of foods that have probably never been together before.
We're powering through our colds and congested voices to bring you a double Fast Food Face Off, news from the White House, and discussions of everything from Alice Waters to restaurant reality shows to food blogging debates.
We're also continuing to eat our way through every restaurant in Ithaca from A-Z with our first stop in the letter "H" at Hai Hong Chinese restaurant in Collegetown. Take a listen to our thoughts on their delicious dim sum, and check out photos of all the dishes we ate by visiting our Flickr page (http://www.flickr.com/photos/eatingithaca/).
And for the first time, we're looking for your support. If you like what we're doing here and would like to help us continue covering the Ithaca dining scene and bringing you conversations with people in our regional food community, please consider making a donation by clicking on the DONATE button on our main page. Thanks!
If you want to get in touch or be part of a future episode, you may leave a comment on the blog, call our voicemail line anytime at 607-215-4392, or send an email to: feedback at eatingithaca dot com. Remember to follow us on Twitter for continuing updates throughout the week!
Click Play to Listen to Episode 30
Stuff we talked about in this episode:
- McDonald's McGriddle Sandwich
- Dunkin' Donuts Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
- Full Plate Farm Collective
- Humble Hill Farm
- Red Tail Farm
- The White House vegetable garden
- Eat Me Daily examines Alice Waters in the media
- "Last Restaurant Standing" on BBC America
- "The Chopping Block" on NBC
- Hai Hong Chinese Restaurant
- "Food Matters: A Guide to Conscious Eating" by Mark Bittman
- Häagen-Dazs five™ ice cream
- Pepsi Throwback and Mountain Dew Throwback
- Starbucks VIA Ready Brew instant coffee
- This Is Why You're Fat gets a book deal
- The "McGangBang" on ThisIsWhyYou'reFat.com
- Locavore app for iPhone
- Noble Bar
- Arby's Roast Burger
- Burger King BK Burger Shots
- McDonald's of Canada Mac Snack Wrap
- NY State Maple Weekend
March 28-29, 10:00am-4:00pm
- Ithaca Farmer's Market Opens Sat. April 4th!
- Q&A with Edible Finger Lakes at Ithaca College
Mon. April 6, 7-9pm
Post a Comment