In this show, we head west to Seneca Lake for a visit with the guys behind Finger Lakes Distilling to discover how they're turning the best all-natural Finger Lakes fruits and grains into artisanal spirits, including their elegant Vintners Vodka and the Seneca Drums Gin that has already found a small following among local cocktail connoisseurs. And we've got a very nice Finger Lakes Distilling hat to give away to one lucky listener!
We're also checking in on the bounty of new fruits and summer vegetables that are appearing at the Ithaca Farmers' Market, and our latest restaurant review takes a look at one of the more unique pizza options in town at Italian Carry Out. Plus we have updates on breaking restaurant gossip and news of local foodie events on the way.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter for continuing updates throughout the week, and stay in touch: you can write a comment on the blog, leave a message on our voicemail line 607-215-4392, or send an email with your thoughts to: feedback [at] eatingithaca [dot] com. Thanks for listening!
Click Play to Listen to Episode 39
Stuff we talked about in this episode:
- Finger Lakes Distilling official website
- Finger Lakes Distilling official blog
- Finger Lakes Distilling on Facebook
- Finger Lakes Distilling profile in
Edible Finger Lakes Magazine (Spring 2009)
- Listen to our podcast & learn how to win this Finger Lakes Distilling hat!
- Try FLD cocktails at Felicia's Atomic Lounge
- @Ithaca Farmers Market: Eve's Cidery
- @Ithaca Farmers Market: Mandeville Farm
- Italian Carry Out at Campusfood.com
- Ithaca Journal article on closing of Lost Dog Cafe
- Lost Dog Cafe official website
- Madeline's Restaurant official website
- Ithaca Artists Market on July 31st
- Tompkins County Farm Trail Weekend Aug. 1st - 2nd [PDF brochure]
- FLCB 4th Annual Gourmet Harvest Dinner At Geneva On The Lake Aug. 6th
- Ithaca Brewfest is coming September 5th